So, in about an hour I'm going to a ward activity, where we will be eating dinner. So I really shouldn't have made food for myself this evening. But when I got home from taking my two tests today, I just felt like cooking. Also, I had some pork chops defrosted in my fridge. Well, put two and two together, and it adds up to one of my best food experiments ever!
Pork chops have traditionally been a scary sort of thing for me, but this year I've bought them a few times when they were on good sale, and have worked on it until I think I've figured out what I'm doing. They're really good in a crock pot, but slow. On the stove, they only take 10 minutes, but it's harder to keep them from being dry and boring.
Today, I melted butter in a pan, and then added green onion and garlic. I stirred those around for a bit, and then added my pork chops, which were seasoned with lemon pepper. Four minutes, flip, four more minutes... toss them on top of some ditalini pasta to enjoy a small piece of heaven!
No comments:
Post a Comment