Saturday, April 4, 2009

Alaska

Well, the numbers make sense.

And this is quite possibly the last time in my life when I won't be tied down to anything.

And there's a good opportunity for experience there.

So, I might be spending this summer in Anchorage.


Ok, so, details: Last week in California, there was a Career Fair. And I played a game with myself called "Let's pretend we like career fairs!" Well. It was quite a successful game. While I still don't like career fairs, I was able to convince myself to be cheerful and enthusiastic and outgoing. I gave out about 20 copies of my resume, had about half a dozen interviews, and received two informal internship offers in the course of those three and a half hours. Since then, the informal offers have become much more concrete, and I have dates and numbers and facts to consider with them. One of them is in Atlanta, GA, and it's not all that compelling. There's not enough financial pull going for it, and it is humid in Georgia in the summer! Alaska, on the other hand, is looking better and better the more I contemplate it. So, I guess it's time to do a bit of research, and some praying. I might end up having the adventure of a lifetime this summer... or I might prune trees for BYU. Sounds like an easy decision when you put it like that, though.

No comments: