Thursday, March 19, 2009

Shrubbies

So, I didn't skip school this morning, even though I wanted to, and I am so glad! Instead, I went to Arboriculture Lab, and got to prune with my old shrub crew! It was way fun to get to work with Joel and Natalie and Kim and Mark and Evan and shrubs again! I miss being a shrubby.

That's what the tree pruning crew calls us- "the shrubbies." They say it in a derogatory tone, like it's a bad thing. They're wrong. Being a shrubby might be one of the best things I have ever done.

Shrub pruning taught me patience and perspective, and prioritizing. It helped me become a better leader, and a better student. It gave me confidence. I was able to associate with wonderful people who helped me realize that I am quite a wonderful person, myself! And, I am really good at shrub care, in case that's ever important.

No comments: