So, once upon a time it was President's Day weekend. And then it was Tuesday, and the weekend was over, and I thought I had just experienced the best weekend ever. Well. Then the next weekend happened, and it was even better- a "great weekend" record-breaker. Ok. So. Now it's Monday again, and I can officially declare it- the past weekend was the most amazingly wonderful weekend of my life.
So, what do all of these weekends have in common to make them so fabulous? Easy question: my new best friend, who I also happen to be dating. He's lovely. And as I get to know and love him more and more every week, the time we get to spend together becomes more and more precious. He's basically amazing. So fun to be around, and ridiculously sweet to me. Here's a secret- I think he thinks I'm more fabulous than I actually am. But that's ok. I don't mind being treated like I'm wonderful (ok, so really I love being treated like I'm wonderful). This weekend, among other things, we went to his family's house in Cedar Hills for Sunday dinner. That was way fun. I was super nervous, of course, that I would offend or annoy someone, or come across as obnoxious or stuck up, or any other thing that would be less than wonderful. But after I loosened up a little bit, it was fabulous. It was also quite delightful to see that Braun is the same beautiful person around his family as he is around just me. I loved that. And he wasn't at all shy about me, either (no one has ever kissed me in front of their mother before). It was the best Sunday dinner I've had away from my own family (adopted family included). And the rest of the weekend was lovely, too.
So, my weekends have followed a trend from good to better to best.
And that is what is called progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment