Yikes, there are things to do this week! School starts a week from today, and the time between then and now is going to be FULL! I am so excited- I love being busy! And I love school, and positively can not wait to take the classes I am signed up for! But before I can celebrate and rejoice in my status as a full time student, I have to get things done.
Today I went to the BYU Bookstore. A few hundred dollars later, and heavily weighed down with textbooks, I emerged triumphant: my books are absolutely beautiful! Yeah, so I'm a total school dork. I have a 2-inch thick book on the structures in Landscape Architecture, and two gorgeous, full color encyclopedias, one of garden annuals, the other of perennials. They are lovely. I've already gotten teary-eyed over my perennial book...
In addition to text books, I need to:
-Find out move in procedure for my apartment
-Move in to my apartment (can't do that until Friday)
-Make a serious grocery store run (also, not until Friday, and not until I can rope one of my friends with a car into taking me)
-Get everything out of storage (same conditions as the grocery store)
-Meet with (as soon as their offices open again):
-my faculty adviser
-the general advisement people
-a business school adviser
-another one of my professors
-Go to the Cougar Football game Saturday
-Print out my Football tickets
-Figure out which address I had BYU send my sports pass to (oops!)
-Make about a million thank-you cookies for all of the people who have helped me SO MUCH this summer (once I have a kitchen, and ingredients, and baking utensils)
-Probably many more things that I am forgetting
The craziness can't really start until Friday, because I need a house to do most of this stuff, and a lot of the other things don't apply until school offices open again for fall. But it's overwhelming to think about it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment