Sunday, August 10, 2008

Reminder

A dear friend reminded me about an hour ago that my life is in very capable hands, and that when I trust in my Heavenly Father it will all work out. Just wanted to say thanks for that reminder, and to mention a few of the things in my life that show just how blessed I am.

I have eyes that can see all the glorious summer colors around me.
I was able to get caught in rainstorms two days in a row.
I am not allergic to chocolate or peaches, and so I can eat them anytime I want- yum!
There is food in my kitchen (finally made it to the grocery store!)
I have an apartment (with a kitchen!) that feels like a home.
I have the most amazing family and friends who watch out for me and love me.
I am blessed to be at BYU studying something I have a real passion for.
I know how to work hard and am good at learning things.
I will never, EVER be alone, because I can always trust in my Savior.

He said "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; Not as the world giveth give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27). This used to be my motivation to get through the day. Another wonderful blessing in my life is that I no longer find myself always in need of greater peace. My life is peaceful, and joyful and absolutely lovely! I have been blessed with new enthusiasm for life, and love for the people around me. With this in mind, I feel really quite silly for stressing the little stuff. I have been blessed, and will continue to be blessed every day as I live my life the way I have been commanded to live it.

I think that sometimes I get so caught up in what I'm missing that I forget to look at what a wonderful place I am in. My life right now is really, truly spectacular! That doesn't mean it's easy. Whatever life is, it isn't easy. But challenges can be blissful. So, in conclusion, my life right now is a magnificent and well-guided challenge. What a blessing to be able to learn from it!

p.s. Thanks for the reminder, my beautiful friend!

No comments: