Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thunderstorms and Lavender

I am incredibly homesick today. I just want my family to be all around me again. I have absolutely loved this summer, but I miss my home.

I was walking in the BYU Terraced Garden (one of my favorite places on campus) this afternoon in a rainstorm. There were familiar plants all around me: snapdragons, balloon flowers, scabiosa, liatris, columbine, foxgloves, lavender, and campion. Meandering through the rows of flowers always reminds me of my daddy, and today was no exception. In fact, today it was worse. I miss my dad. I miss working along side of him in the yard, and talking to him about everything. I miss the way he cheers me up by having me tell him about the best things in my life right now. I miss seeing how he loves my mother. I have the best family ever, and I want them around me today.

I'm about to go eat dinner with my almost-family here in Provo. They're wonderful, and have sort of adopted me while I'm out at school. I'm so grateful for all of their love. I don't know what I would do without my family!

No comments: