Who ever it was who first thought that life could or should be easy had things quite backwards. Living is not easy. It is not always fun, and things do not always go the way mortal justice says they should. People are hurt, people die. There is suffering all over the world. Life is not an easy thing to get through. And yet we continue. When there are so many reasons not to keep living it, why do people bother to make the effort? How is it that there are people who actually love life? They must all be crazy. Turns out, I'm one of those crazies. I absolutely love being alive. It's not perfect, or easy, and can break your heart sometimes. But life is worth living for as long as we're blessed with the opportunity. I am feeling so blessed that I have the chance to take chances, and make choices and mistakes. Every second I am here, I am blessed. "For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend on the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have?" (Mosiah 4:19)
The folk hymn "My Shepherd will Supply my Need" says:
My Shepherd will supply my need,
Jehovah is His name,
In pastures fresh He makes me feed
Beside the living stream...
The sure provisions of my God
Attend me all my days;
Oh, may Thy house be my abode
And all my work be praise.
I have and am nothing without the gifts of my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm working to live my life in a way that "all my work [is] praise." When placed in this context, loving life doesn't seem so silly after all. My life is a work of rejoicing and giving thanks to my God! Not very many things can inspire happiness quite like gratitude does. I am so grateful for the life I have been granted, and ever since I've realized how much a blessing my life is, I can't seem to contain the joy inside of me! Bubbling bliss, I said jokingly the other day, but it's an accurate description. Life is a joyous thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment