Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Piano

Tonight I went to piano tutoring, but only one of my girls showed up. She's in 2nd grade, and one of the sweetest girls ever. Also, so eager and quick to learn anything I can teach her. But since my other student didn't come, we had the whole hour to fill- I wasn't quite prepared for that!

Anyway, I just love piano teaching. I love watching my students as they grasp a new concept, and love feeling through them how exciting it is. Today we played our first-ever chords, instead of just single notes, and learned about sharps. When playing chords got frustrating (it's hard at first to press down with your thumb, middle finger, and pinky but not the other two) we practiced playing with mitten hands (basically slamming incoherently on the keys) versus with glove hands (individual fingers) and she just giggled and giggled at that! Basically, we filled our extra time with exploring the piano, the staff and all the notes. And it was fun!

I love little Camille. She's such a sweet heart, and I am so glad that I was called to this service.

No comments: