Monday, October 5, 2009

Apple Juice

I hate apple juice.

It's disgusting.


This morning I visited a doctor, who told me I needed to be drinking juice. Apple or cranberry. The rest of that lovely doctor visit and attached circumstances are another day's post. And so, on my way home from doctor's I walked right past the grocery store, so I stopped in to buy juice. Except it was just the tiny little Creamery on Ninth. So they had a whole huge row of soda pops and just a tiny section of juice. Only apple. No other options. Actually, they had V8 also. Gross.

And so I walked home, apple juice in tow. I've had 3 whole glasses of apple juice since then. THREE! That's a lot, people!

I truly struggled through my last glass, though. I filled a small glass with juice, and a large glass with water, and told myself that I could not have any water until I drank all of the apple juice. It was so hard! I wanted so badly to get to that cool, crisp, delicious, smooth glass of water. But I had to wade my way through the muggy, sticky, thick sweetness of apple juice first. Yuck.

My roommate doesn't drink enough water. She actually buys apple juice to drink so that she'll stay hydrated enough, because when water is the only option, she'll choose not to drink anything. I simply can not fathom how anyone could ever so seriously prefer apple juice over water. It's like preferring Little Caesar's to Brick Oven (which I ate tonight- yum!). Preferring something all mucked up with filth and extra stickiness- I just don't get it. Of course, she sees it the opposite way- how would anyone prefer water? It's like preferring a Hershey's chocolate bar to triple chocolate cheesecake. Except she won't even get that analogy- she dislikes chocolate even more than she dislikes water. Anyway, it was a funny contrast to discuss this evening.

No comments: