So, I watched the movie "The Proposal" last night. It was cute, but more importantly, it was set in the great state of Alaska.
Now, at this point in my life I am used to missing my gorgeous Virginia home.
In fact, GOAL: I want to be home for an East Coast autumn again sometime in the next 5 years. Fall in Utah just doesn't have quite the same impact- less trees, and most of them go yellow, instead of having the whole spectrum from red to gold blazing down the streets. Being home for the heart of springtime would be nice, too, but I've caught the tail end of the last few springs. I'll just have to go home to celebrate... Columbus Day, or something. I don't know.
But that's turned into quite a tangent.
Anyway, I never realized before that you can be homesick for more places than just one. And I am homesick for Anchorage. I love that teeny tiny little city, you know? Not in a "let's make this permanent" sort of way, but a part of me wants to go home to Alaska.
Of course, this is not realistic. I've got responsibilities here right now, for one thing, and for another, it's winter there. Meaning it's darker and colder there than it is here, by a lot. Yesterday, the high was 25 degrees. Yikes! I don't really want to go to that Alaska. Just my gorgeous summertime Alaska, thank you.
I would love to go home to Virginia today, too. If it weren't for the fact that I don't have the time or money for that, either, and the other fact that I hate airplanes and airports and more or less all facets of travel, I would be there right now!
Photo courtesy of D L Ennis. There are lots of even more amazing shots at his webpage, Visual Thoughts. Thank you for allowing me to share your beautiful work!

No comments:
Post a Comment