Today I did driving. In a car with manual transmission. Woah!
This is a big deal for me, people. I am not exactly known for my driving finesse, and have historically been entirely incapable of driving stick. Just ask my daddy. It's deplorable.
Well, Keith needed to get to the airport today, and since he wasn't able to come down this past weekend because of work and also won't be able to come next weekend because he'll still be out of town, he came last night for a really quick visit, and I drove him to the airport this afternoon. So last night when he got here we went out for a really quick driving practice, and I just got it! I don't know how, but I finally really did feel comfortable driving that car. Wow, wow, wow.
I'm thinking maybe Keith's Jetta has a kinder transmission than my Dad's car. Or maybe it was a miracle. Or maybe all of the practice at separate times in my life has finally added up to make me capable of driving. Who knows? Either way, I drove all the way to Salt Lake and back today, and it was great!
No comments:
Post a Comment