Thursday, November 6, 2008

Reasons for Tension, Stress, Worry in My Life Today

TENSION: Currently caused by football. TCU was leading the whole game and then they let Utah score in the last minute of game time, and lost 13:10. Dumb horned frogs.

STRESS: The future. What else could stress a girl out quite like that concept? I am especially stressed after my "Careers in Landscape Management" class every week, where we learn that I don't have anywhere near enough practical knowledge to succeed as anything in the green industry. Talk about comforting insights coming from that class... or not! And then there's the fact that I'm growing up... don't even get me started on how freaked out that thought makes me!

WORRY: There are too many people that I know who are struggling with hard stuff right now. I'm a natural worrier. I just tend to be concerned for everyone else. Especially when I'm stressed (see above) I worry even more. Old friends and family members and people from home... so many of them are dealing with big, hard things, and I can't fix any of it. But I worry anyways. Also, it's 9:30 and my roommate isn't home yet. She should have been home by 9:15 at the latest... I sound like her mother...



JOY: I didn't remember to mention this one in the title, but there is so much joy! In the world of football, VT upset Maryland (number 23) tonight, 23:13. As a Virginia girl, that was good to see. Go HOKIES! My future isn't so bleak; I love the things I'm studying and have so many more opportunities ahead of me in the year and a half until I graduate. Also, I've been promised that things will work out if I have faith. I need to have faith for everyone else, too. Things will work out. Isn't hope beautiful!?! So even though I can't fix everything, I need to remember to keep going. "Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27). Love that scripture. I need to rededicate myself to living that way.

No comments: