Today I just feel like rambling... so here goes!
This morning we were called by our boss and told that we didn't need to come into work, because it was raining. So we all got a random Saturday off! In taking full advantage of the opportunity, Kalie, Cecilia, Em and I went to the Saturday Market in downtown Anchorage. It was an outdoor market, full of vendors selling Alaskan treasures- mostly touristy stuff; jewelry, furs, sweatshirts, trinkets, etc... I found souvenirs for some of my sisters and bought a beautiful belt. It's made out out of black elk leather, and has bears, moose and Alaska mountains embossed on it. We took fun pictures of us wearing goofy hats and posing with horses. It was way fun, especially since the "rainy day" turned out to be gorgeous.
Last night Keith and I went rock climbing. My arms are SO SORE! Plus I have a massive bruise on my arm. So, we left the nursery as soon as I got off of work, but still didn't get to the rock gym until about 20 minutes after the belay class started. So... that was going to be really sad. But then- TA-DA! The lady said Keith could teach me how to belay, and then an instructor could test us out, and make sure that we were safe and stuff. So Keith taught me rock climbing knots and safety rules and techniques, and then the instructor tested us out of it. Talk about an adventure- He told Keith to go most of the way up the rock wall while I belayed, and then to fall without giving me any notice of it. Well, Keith took it a step further, and fell while I was totally distracted talking to the instructor about technique. Took both instructor boy and I entirely by surprise, but I didn't let go of the rope. So, we passed. And then we climbed! I was not super good, but it was way fun! And I got to the top of one of the courses, right at the very end of the evening, and only had to cheat on one hold to do it! I couldn't quite get my foot up that extra 6 inches to the next pink one. Had to borrow the green one just below it. But other than that, I got to the top!
I officially love climbing rocks. It's way fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment