11:00-12:45: Breakfast Party
1:00-3:00: Church and hand-holding
3:00-4:00: Drive to Palmer
4:00-8:15: Kenley family dinner & Father's Day celebration*
8:30- 10:30: Games with Hal & Jenny, and family**
10:45-1:00: Cuddling & chatting
1:00-6:15 doesn't really count, as we were in separate areas of Keith's parents' house asleep
6:40-7:50: Drive back in to Anchorage
8:15-10:45: Playing Dr. Mommy, and taking a nap***
11:00-1:30: More cuddling & chatting
1:40-2:30: Out to lunch
2:35-4:40: Watching August Rush
5:00-6:15: Hanging out with the roommates
6:30-7:15: Mini-golf, Katie A. style****
7:30-8:15: Making & eating dinner
8:15-10:00: Poker lessons
That was a basic rundown of my last 35 hours with Keith. They were lovely. I rather like that man.
*This included Keith's sister Amy pulling out some old home video to share with me. He was a pretty cute toddler. It was funny to see some of the personality traits I know and love about Keith as they were 20 years ago. He was just as stubborn and just as content with life back then as he is now!
**Hal is Keith's cousin, and Jenny is his wife. We went over and played the game Acquire with them and with their parents. Also, I got to see their cute baby, which was fun!
***Keith got sick at the end of our drive in to Anchorage. Originally the plan was for him to drop me off and pick up my roommates and then go to work all day, but after throwing up from dehydration about 3 minutes away from my house, he decided driving was not the safest thing, and since that's his job, he called in sick for the morning. Jared (our boss) told him to just take the whole day off, because they weren't planning on being very busy. So I took the girls in to work, and then came home and got Keith feeling all better! I love taking care of people. It makes me feel important. And loved.
****My friend Katie Hoyos, formerly Abernathy, hence the "A", shared a different version of mini-golf score keeping. Instead of counting strokes at each hole, each player makes a wager. Whoever puts their ball away in the least strikes wins their prize. So, for example, I lost hole 8 and have to wear Keith's Utah State, anti-BYU shirt to work one day. But he lost hole 12, so he has to make me dinner one of these days. Also, our after dinner poker lesson happened because I lost hole 14.
No comments:
Post a Comment