I spend the majority of my time surrounded by plants, researching plants, and helping plants grow. So you think I would get over the wonder of them, right? On the contrary, however, I find them more and more fascinating the further I come to know them. And with all of the wonder and amazement I find there, it should come as no surprise how unutterably enchanting it is when a boy brings me flowers.
Keith and I went to a dance on Saturday night this weekend. He came rather early, so I still had some getting ready to do while he was here. He sat on the couch chatting with my roommates as I apologized for taking so long to get ready, and kept reassuring me that I should take as long as I wanted to get ready- I was going to be the most beautiful girl at the dance regardless of how ready I got. When I finally was ready to go, I came down the stairs to find him holding a bouquet of roses. Half a dozen long stemmed roses, white petals tipped in brilliant pink. They were absolutely lovely, and they were for me.
I don't know if I even actually looked at my roses until later in the evening, after we got home from the dance. I was too thrilled by the sweetness of the gesture to do more than glance at those flowers. Too busy looking shyly at Keith, and thinking that I am lucky to be dating a good man. He pretends to be all tough and cool, but he's really very sweet. Flawed, yes, but so is everyone. And for now the only thing more beautiful to me than my roses is the opportunity to get to know him better. I'm enchanted.
1 comment:
this is so cute! i'm totally excited for you. i wish a boy would bring me flowers :)
Post a Comment