Wednesday, March 24, 2010

DC Adventure

Well, we're back from adventuring.

We had a super fun vacation! Mostly we spent time with my family. Also, we took Friday afternoon and went downtown to sightsee a little.

We had a pretty awesome weekend. Thursday we worked in the yard with my family. Also, for lunch we had the most delicious BBQ ever. We cleaned out our flowerbeds, went to a nursery and then spread mulch. After that, there was dinner and family games- we played Killer Bunnies, which made Nathan quite excited.

Friday Keith and I went downtown. We rode the Metro into town and went to the Smithsonian. We visited the American History museum, where Keith got really excited about the guns and weapons that were in a history of war exhibit. Next we went to the Natural History museum, and saw dinosaurs, the Hope diamond, and some insects. Ick. Next we went to find some lunch. We walked far, far away from where we thought we were going for lunch, but stumbled upon Potbelly's Sandwich Works, which was absolutely delicious. Then we went to the Air&Space museum, and saw planes and rockets. Do you know the difference between planes and jet planes? I didn't before, but now I do. Kinda. Anyway, after that, we walked up the mall to the Washington, WWII, and Lincoln memorials. Then, we found the nearest Metro station (which wasn't really all that close by) and rode home.

Saturday morning the family was sleeping in, so I drove Keith around to see a few places where I grew up, and we ran some errands for my mother. We also went out for birthday lunch to a new Mexican restaurant, which was delicious. It was so yum. I mean it. Seriously good. After that, I went furniture shopping with my mom and Em, and Keith helped my Dad hide some speaker wires in the walls. Then my mom and Em and I went and got the best cupcakes I'd ever eaten at Wegman's. Then my sisters and parents all dispersed for different events, and Keith and I got wrangled into a game of Monopoly with my brother Nathan.

Sunday we had church and family stuff. It wasn't a super eventful day, but it was good. Just family dinner and games and dessert. It was a good day.

We left to fly home early early Monday morning. It was early. But it was a good trip.

No comments: