Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summertime and the World

I think there are two places that I live in. One is called the real world, and it is where I live and work at a nursery and go to school in Provo and have to be responsible and financially independent, etc. The other is called summertime. In this world, I don't really have to do anything other than be with Keith on Alaskan adventures. I love summertime. It's the best. I would just like to stay at summertime all of the time. Because it's way better than real life. In real life you have to worry about real things, such as should I take Field Botany this fall? Or Statistics? Both? Neither? When can I fit work into my fall schedule? How many hours should I be working? Where? Tree crew? Am I going to have enough money to survive next year? Why are Provo and Logan so far away from each other? How long is the bus ride? Should I think about getting a car? Is a car in the budget? What is my budget? Are my new roommates going to be psycho? Am I going to be psycho? Is there enough time to worry about all of these things? Are my tan lines too intense? What about Sunday dinner? Am I going crazy? Why is everyone I know getting married or pregnant? When am I going to find the time to do laundry? Should I buy new jeans yet? Where could I get a patch kit? Am I eating enough healthy stuff? Etc... It's nuts. Real life is simply not as much fun as summertime.

2 comments:

S said...

Well my dear, I think you just got a nice view as to my brain all the time. Fun, no?

Katie said...

summertime should last forever! i am totally in favor...