Saturday was Independence Day! And we made full use of that good day. We went to the beach! Also, we built a fire pit. But then the beach, and jet ski rides and tubing and food and sand sculpting and a beanbag game and sunshine (I'm at least 3 shades darker) and it was lovely. Went home to the cabin, more food and a little bit of gun shooting. Keith and I went out back and shot soda cans off of a sawhorse. But the sight was way off on the gun, so we didn't do that for long.
Sunday we had a little church, with some scripture thoughts and reading from the Ensign and singing. That was fun. Keith's niece and nephews who were up there helped pick the songs, so in between "The Iron Rod" and "I am a Child of God" we had a nice rendition of "the Wheels on the Bus." It was great. Ty and Dane and Andy all gave sweet little talks. I love those little guys. Then we mostly packed up the rest of the day, and drove back in to Palmer for a quick dinner, showers, and more sleep!
Today we originally thought we would still be up at the lake, so we were both off of work. So we just got to play all day long! So we went hiking with his sisters and their kids, which was way fun. I finally dug my camera out of my bag and took a few pictures:
So I finally have a picture with Keith, which is fun. I'm not very good at remembering my camera. Anyway, after our hike we went out for ice cream, helped out around the house, ate dinner, watched a documentary about those weird dungeons and dragons people, and then came back in to Anchorage.
Home sweet home, and it feels lovely. Can't wait to sleep in my cozy delicious bed, but I already miss Keith. Fall is going to be tricky.
No comments:
Post a Comment