Actually, the topic for this post is not congruous with its title. But my daddy keeps worrying that I'm cuddling too much, so I thought I'd throw this in as a title just for fun. Scare him a bit, you know?
Tonight I would really like to write about anticipation. I am thinking about a lot of things that I don't want to wait for. I am anticipating going to bed (should get on that, actually), anticipating the coming school year and (yikes!) graduation, and especially anticipating my trip home in August. I miss my family. Growing up is great, and I am enjoying the chance to learn and change and be responsible for my life. But it is hard to be a displaced person without a home to belong to. And it's hard to be gone from my parents and siblings all the time. I mean, I spend maybe a month, cumulative total, at home in a year. I don't like it. I'm ready to go home. And then I'll be ready to come back and play in Alaskan Summer for a little while more.
No comments:
Post a Comment