Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nap Time

In theory, I love the concept of taking naps. In actual practice, however, I am really not very talented at it.

This morning I absolutely did not want to get up. A tiny part of me said "Good Morning, World!" before the rest of my soul responded with a resounding "No, thank you." After forcing myself up and into the world, and almost falling asleep in both of my classes, you would think that I would spend the free hour between class and work in a peaceful, desperately needed nap.

Not so.

Here I sit blogging, instead of asleep. I've realized something- I am not good at taking naps. They always feel forced, and I never want to wake up and face the world again. Naps are simply not a good idea for me.

I should be getting more sleep, but that would require going to bed earlier, and in order to go to bed earlier I would have to miss out on some of the other activities that fill my life. Or, more specifically, people. I don't really do anything. I just fill my time with people. But regardless, I don't want to give that time up. I really like talking with good friends, singing with my roommate and snuggling with Mark until past my bedtime.

All in all, I am surviving, sleep-wise, and at this rate I should be able to last out the semester.

No comments: