Monday, January 26, 2009

Maybe a little lost...

Today I'm feeling pretty out of it. Like my head isn't actually attached to the world. Also, a small wave of homesickness is passing through, and it's got me feeling rather disconnected from the people around me.

I miss my sissy. She's been gone almost 8 months, which means only another 10 until she's home, but probably closer to 11 until I'll see her. That's feeling like an awfully long time to me today. And this morning I made muffins and sent a package of them to my friend Courtney who is in the MTC. I won't see her for what's feeling like a really long time. My Becky is close by, but so busy with being in love and in the Accounting program. Mark and my roommates are around, and they're wonderful, but I need home people today. I even spent my evening with my Smith family yesterday, but even they aren't what I'm looking for. I think I probably need my daddy. He's one of my best friends. But he's a few thousand miles away.

I guess who I really need is my Father in Heaven. He can love me wherever I am. Still, I want to go home.

No comments: