I am the most blessed little girl in the world. This afternoon, I went out to run a few errands on campus and then go to work and my Plant Propagation lab. When I left my house, I was in a bad mood. Miserably homesick, and tired. And then I started wandering around campus...
It's nice and wintry out today, and there's snow hanging heavy on all of the tree branches. And as I walked around this gorgeous campus, I started to feel exceptionally blessed for being here. Then I started running into people. I chatted with my friend Jeremy on my way up the steps, and bumped into Normandie on my way across the parking lot to work. At work, I was working on a project outside at the Grounds complex when Mark walked across the parking lot on his way to work. My co-workers were all wonderful today, and then on my way out of work, I was walking past the tool room, and stopped by to say hi and eat a fabulous brownie with Dan and Bob. And then, to top it all off, when I walked in to Plant Prop lab, and was greeted with a "Well, hi, kiddo!" from Earl. I felt pretty loved, to say the least.
After bumping in to all sorts of people who I know, I realized something; even though my family is far, far away, and my sissy is even more distant off in Australia, there are people here who love and appreciate me.
No comments:
Post a Comment