I feel like there are spiders on me. There aren't. I've checked. But I feel like they're there nonetheless.
Today was a really good day at work. I worked with just my boys- Mark, and Matthew and Joel and Benson. And so I had to pretend not to be super freaked out when a spider the size of a quarter (legs included) that was bright orange-red crawled onto me- yuck! But there were tons of spiders in that hedge, and I was basically sitting under the plants, so I probably had spiders all over me for a few hours.
Somehow, those nasty spiders are intriguing, though. They're really quite cool; the diversity between spiders is amazing. And the way they spin their webs and catch prey and even just the way they move is fascinating.
Spiders are like boys. Both are icky. And both are entirely fascinating. Lately I'm more inclined to think boys are a good thing, though. Mostly. Some of them are still pretty nasty- small and poisonous, petty and spiteful, forcing their venom out to destroy life and happiness. But that's the kind I'm trying to not think about. Most of the boys I know these days are fun, and nice and cheerful. And not venomous.
No comments:
Post a Comment