Today is Valentine's Day! And I am contemplating the topic of love...
I want to fall madly in love with someone fabulous one day. When that day will be, however, is still a great mystery. So for now, I'm just having fun getting practice at relationship building. After all, there are a lot of people to relate to these days!
On the topic of relationships, I was reading a friend's blog the other day, and one entry discussed the 5 languages of love. These include: words of affirmation, quality time, gifts, acts of service, and physical touch. I think I relate best to affirmation and touch. Especially touch. I am a sucker for hugs, and confide in people best when snuggling. One of my best friends is not a touch person; she lets me cuddle her when we're talking about important things anyway. I should thank her for that. I doubt she knows how much it means to me.
I think sometimes people don't understand my touchy-ness. Sometimes, they think I'm giving off different signals than I am. That's bad. Luckily, on the other hand, when I give off signals and they're rejected, I can deny it all vehemently with a "No, I was just being friendly." Technically, I've never done that, though.
I need to work on considering the long-term ramifications of dating boys. I tend to look at a promising situation and ask myself: "Does this make me happy? Am I listening to my Heavenly Father? Am I giving anything up that I will regret?" And once I've asked those questions, if the answers are "Yes, Yes, No," I move forward in a positive direction. Which might not be the worst thing in the world. As long as I keep asking the right questions and listening, I'll be fine.
Speaking of which... I am quite happy, listening, and not giving up anything right now, so I guess we'll see where this goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment