Thursday, July 10, 2008
Growing Up
I’m not sure what it is about being a “young adult” that is so frightening. It may be the rapid and unpredictable changes that are happening to my life as well as to who I am. It could be my sudden independence, which leaves me to deal with these changes using my own judgment. Whatever it is about being in this stage in life that frightens me, though, also is exciting and wonderful. I am ready for life! I can do it, because regardless of all these other changes, I have a family and wonderful friends, and they love me. My family has taught me how to love and laugh and work and pray. I have learned from their examples, and am strengthened by their love and faith. They bless me every day of my life. They have blessed me to realize how much I am worth by simply loving me. I want to be better so that I can in turn bless them. It is amazing how much courage I draw from simply knowing that there are people I can turn to if I ever need any kind of help. It is also comforting to realize that, although they are always there to help me when I need it, I have been making my own good decisions every day of my life. Based off of what I have learned from my family, I am ready to conquer life, and to celebrate and enjoy it! The freedom and bliss that come from knowing that my life is in loving hands amazes me. It is an ecstatic, joyous feeling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment