Stubbornness and competitiveness are funny things. Today I think that they go together quite well. I was working on a game of free cell against my computer today, and couldn't figure it out. I got so close... a lot of times. It's kind of embarrassing how many times I tried to solve that silly puzzle. And then I accidentally pressed "New" instead of "Retry"! I almost cried because I don't remember which one it was that I was working on! I might never solve it. I contemplated going through and trying to find it, but that felt a little ridiculous. I wonder if there's a "Recently Played" list somewhere that I could find. I'll have to go look. But I was just laughing at myself for how badly I wanted to solve this silly game and how in to it I got, even though it actually doesn't matter in the end. Funny.
At my job this week we've been pruning Pyracantha. It's a wicked, spiny thing whose branches get all tangled up into each other, and it doesn't seem to appreciate being pruned. It stabs at you and is itchy and irritating. Those silly plants can get me so worked up. The more it pokes me and the harder it resists being pulled apart the more stubborn I get. But I love it. I love that no matter how hard they resist, I am stronger than these silly shrubs, and will eventually win! It's glorious.
I think in the end it's mostly just about being good at things. When I feel like I should be good at something, and then I'm not doing as well as I would like to be, I start fighting for it. Silly, stubborn me. Good thing I've learned how to laugh at myself instead of getting frustrated. Also, it's a good thing that Pyracantha isn't as tough as I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment