Well... I've been neglecting my blog. So to recap what I've been up to lately:
I've been home for the past 3 1/2 weeks, getting down to the nitty-gritty details of wedding planning. Pretty much every day my mom and I run errands and plan things for this wedding from the time we're ready for the day until about time to make dinner. It's amazing and overwhelming how much goes into wedding planning. But the biggest decisions have been made, so now we're just busy pulling all the details together. Hopefully that means that if we drop any of the many balls we're juggling right now, it won't make too big a difference.
It's been so nice to spend some time at home with my family. Even though they're not all here, it just is good to be home. Nathan is getting way too big too fast, so it's good to get to know him again as the preteen that he is. As always, I love working on projects with my daddy, and we've been able to have some good conversations since I've been home. Anney and I have been going on weekend adventures, which is good because she's so busy being in HS band and involved with church and homework all week. I love that we have put in place a tradition of spending time together on the weekends. She's already planning what we'll do this weekend. And spending all day every day with my mom is wonderful. She's such a great mom, and an example to me in everything.
Also, my mom has some wonderful friends. Don't know how my sanity levels would be right now without Sara, Michelle, and Jenny. Those girls are so fun, and warm, and lovely. And they have some of the sweetest little kids, too, which is good for me.
Some unexpected blessings have popped up recently. My best girlfriend and her husband are going to be able to make it out to the wedding, as well as another dear friend from college. I'm so excited to be able to share wedding day with these girls who have helped to shape my life.
My sweet fiance and I have been able to get to know each other a bit better since I've been away from him. It's funny the things that come up when you're talking on the phone. Like I learned that Keith is allergic to starfish. And that he loves cooked carrots. New things pop up all the time when you're trying to keep a conversation going late at night over the phone.
Anyway, it is bedtime, but I just wanted to write a quick note on how everything has been going lately.
I get married to my best friend forever and ever in 23 days!
2 comments:
I'm so excited for you! I was wondering how things were going so I am glad to hear they are going well. I'm trying to see if I can come to the wedding too! Anyway, have a great day!! Eternity is so close :)
Oh, that would be so fun! Things are going well. I'm mostly just anxious for Keith to get here right now. I miss that boy. But it's coming up soon!
Post a Comment