Monday was June 21st, which is the summer solstice. That made it the longest day of this year, and up here in Alaska, that means the sun is up all night. I mean, not really up, but it sets and then it's dusky and then the sun is rising again. So solstice is a big deal.
On Monday after work, Keith was driving over to my house, when he passed by a carnival. Immediately, he called me to tell me about it. He was so excited. He gets so cute and little-boy-ish about things like that. It's incredibly endearing. Anyway, we decided we'd go to the carnival.
Ok, you know those rides that they pack up and move around and how they're kinda jerky and not all that awesome? Well... yeah. I guess we're not as young as we used to be, cause Keith and I were getting pretty dizzy by the second ride or so. But we pushed through it, and had a blast. Best solstice carnival I've ever been to.
first hand that Keith's not kidding when he says he's scared of heights!
I think my favorite part about the evening was just how much fun Keith and I had laughing together. It's kind of been a weird couple months, dating like a real couple as we live in the same city (finally!) I've loved it, but we get so comfortable with just being together, that we've started being a little bit boring. Mostly, I love just coming home after work, and having Keith come over and make dinner with me, and then channel surfing, or running errands, or playing games, and talking about everything in life. But it was really refreshing to just get out and go on a little adventure, break the routine up a little, and just laugh together.
I'll let the happily-in-love-for-many-years couples in my life be the experts on the subject, but if I were to throw in my two cents, I'd say that a little spontaneity is good for a relationship. I hope that Keith and I keep doing fun, sweet, spontaneous things for each other for many, many more years to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment