So, now I have to make a plan. It's called "What to do when you get out into the real world".
There are many options. I could go be a starving bum on the streets of London (because I think that at the end of the year, I'll only have enough money to get there, and then I'll be 100% broke). Or I could get a job somewhere. This is the more likely alternative.
But there are lots of jobs, and lots of somewheres.
My family would love it if I came home, and worked there this summer. Or didn't work, as my mom pointed out to me today. But I need to have a job, or I will go crazy. And stay broke, also.
Keith and Emily and Cecilia and maybe Steph would love it if I went to Anchorage for work this summer. Actually, they probably wouldn't mind too much if I weren't working, either, because then I'd have more time to split between them all, but really I need to have a job. Or I will go crazy.
There are a few companies who I am in touch with who might want me to go where ever they're located this summer, and then after that, also. Think Atlanta, or California. They, however, would want me working, because if I'm not working I'm useless to them.
So there are options, and pressures pulling from different directions and sources. And I'm pretty sure that I know what I want, but what if I don't, really? What if what I think that I want is not, in fact, what I actually want. Oh, I'm confused.
Mostly I just don't want to disappoint anyone with my decision to go one place or another. But you can't please everyone always, I guess.
I hate that about growing up. I used to only have my parents' opinions to think about, and my own, but my opinion was usually pretty in line with theirs on my bigger decisions. Now there are opposing opinions, pulling me quite literally to opposite corners of the country. I'm very neatly tucked smack-dab in the center here at school, 3000 miles from Anchorage, and 2100 from Chantilly.
Google Maps is a lovely tool for illustrating this point. But see, Anchorage is 4315 miles from Chantilly. Which is far. And so we get conflicting opinions. I need to figure out how to make this decision without hurting anyone. Tricky.
In the end, I need to decide what will be the best decision for me, and not worry about everyone else. Also, I need to remember that moving is not, in fact, final. Just because I end up somewhere in May does not mean that I'll be there forever. It just means I'll be there for now.
Maybe I should go to London.
Maybe I should go to London.
No comments:
Post a Comment