Saturday, January 23, 2010

NYC

So, I've finally fixed my computer so I could load my pictures from our trip on to it... and now I get to share some here!

Steph and I at Wicked
Lady Liberty
Central Park- my definite favorite place in NYC.
Now, to highlight some of the things we did on our trip...

Friday we walked around and got familiar with the city and saw famous old buildings, and also ones that aren't famous, but are just as gorgeous. Then we went and saw Wicked on Broadway, which was so fun! I loved it.

Saturday was shopping day! Went down to Canal street in Chinatown and bought cheap stuff, and then up to 5th Avenue to shop some more. That night we went to the Guggenheim museum, and Rockefeller center, where we didn't ice skate (long lines, sore feet) but we did go to the Top of the Rock, 70 story high observation decks, to see the city from up there.

Sunday was lazy (thankfully!) We slept in, and then went to church, and then went and saw St.Patrick's cathedral and also Grand Central Station. My feet were glad for an easy day.

Monday was museum day! We walked through Central Park to get to the Met first thing in the morning. That was way cool, but I was a bit bummed- the musical instruments exhibit is closed until March. But we did get to see lots of other cool art and things. Then we went down to ride the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. After that cold, windy boat ride (which was also way fun) we went to the American Museum of Natural History and saw some fossils and dead animals and artifacts and such. Then (wow, busy day!) we went to see the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, but it wasn't quite as fabulous as when I saw it at the Kennedy Center at home a few years ago. It was still way fun, though.

Tuesday, we went and got New York bagels and ate them outside of Tiffany's. Get it- Breakfast at Tiffany's? Clever, huh? Then Steph had a job interview, so she went off to that and I got to do whatever I wanted by my self. So I went to Central Park, and wandered for 3 hours or so, and took lots of pictures (somewhere in the neighborhood of 200) of cool ideas and details and such. So fun. Then took the subway to the airport, where Steph and I met back up and flew home.

All in all, a wonderful vacation.

No comments: