I am very bad at documenting my life. Case in point: I spent 4 months in Alaska, on the biggest adventure of my lifetime to this period in time. And I pulled out my camera maybe 3 times. Also, I'm not sure if I took a single photograph of my entire Junior year of college. Also, Keith and I have been dating for about 4 months, and I still have only one photo of us together. 1. Not a very big number. Yikes, no wonder my family gets frustrated at me for not sharing my life with them! I'm going to be old one day, and won't even be able to look back through photos to jog my senile memory or remind myself of my college years.
So I am setting a goal.
GOAL: Be a photo-taker. Drag my camera out of my bag at least once every month for some event or another, and take pictures. Photograph the things I am doing, the people I am doing them with. Pass my camera around and have other people take pictures; after all, it never hurts to see life from someone else's perspective. And if no one else ever takes pictures, I won't ever be in them.
That's another issue I have. I'm really good at photographing nature. It's gorgeous, and I love it, so I take pictures of it. But I'm not so great at photographing people, and I'm really bad at getting myself in my pictures. Really, really bad at it, people.
Anyway. Goals are good. Hopefully I'll stick to this one. I think I'll start this weekend. My roommates and I are going to be redecorating our apartment a bit, hoping to make it more homey and less dumpy. Right now, it's kind of a sporadic mess of all sorts of hodgepodge pieces, and since we don't like the way it looks, we tend to dump things all over the place. So roommate paint and DI shopping, and painting and decorating pictures will be a good starting place.
No comments:
Post a Comment