So, in my last post I wrote about Alaska Adventure Day with Keith, and how it all started when Plan A, called rock climbing, failed. Today, we made Plan A a reality.
I think I officially love rock climbing. We couldn't convince them to certify us for top roping, so we did bouldering instead. It was hard! After failing a few times, I had to clip off my fingernails so that I could actually grip the holds, which I hear was pretty cool of me. I need more upper body and arm strength. But Keith says that it would probably be gross if I was too fabulously strong. He's probably right- I like having soft, feminine arms. Regardless of my arm strength (or lack thereof) I really did have fun.
Rock climbing is tricky. You have to be able to balance and search for your next hold, and trust your grip to hold you. Also, you have to shift your weight and plan your moves as you're hanging off of a rock. And it's kind of a challenge. But really, really fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment